Thursday, September 27, 2007

Beginning of Journey

About a year back I switched my job. From being a professional in the logistics industry who dealt with warehousing and transportation issues, I made a transformation to the world of retail. I had dealt with retail clients earlier but from a distribution point of view, never the bread and butter retail stuff like merchandising, pricing, promotions etc. As I get more exposed to these ideas, I realize what a fascinating and interesting world it is out there. I have started walking into stores a different person. Now my eyes look for holes in the shelves (read stock outs). They look for end-caps crammed with irrelevant stuff. They get delighted at a well posted signage. With this blog I hope to chart new areas of retail and share my experiences and hope to learn from fellow bloggers. And what a time to start - right before holiday season when virtually all retailers are getting stocked up as item seasonalities come into play and the challenge to make the most before the year closes!!!!

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader